Some trivia on the magazines/contests to which Michelle has contributed.
Michelle has contributed fiction/poetry to the magazines mentioned below.
Some of these magazines are listed by Helter Skelter in their article ‘20 Places to Submit Creative Writing in India’ dated 25/04/2016.
- The board of advisors include writers Manu Joseph, Akhil Sharma, Arunava Sinha, Annie Zaidi among others.
- Akhil Sharma is the 2015 Folio Prize for fiction winner and 2016 The International Dublin Literary Award winner. Both for his novel ‘Family Life’.
- Former fiction editor Shanti Perez is published in [PANK] among others.
- Contributors include writers Tendai Huchu, Mohit Parikh among others.
- Tendai Huchu’s story ‘The Intervention’ in Open Road review was shortlisted for the 2014 Caine Prize.
- Mohit Parikh’s novel ‘Manan’ by Harper Collins India 2014 won an ‘honourable mention’ at the ‘Hindu Young World- Goodbooks Awards’ for Best Book- Fiction.
- Co-editor Nandini Dhar is published in [PANK] among others. Her book ‘Historians of Redundant Moments’ is published by Squareup- an imprint of Sundress publications in 2017.
- Published authors include Rheea Mukherjee who was a Top 25 Finalist in Glimmer Train‘s Very Short Fiction Award.
- Founder and editor Sumana Roy is published in GRANTA, Guernica among others. Her debut non-fiction book ‘How I Became a Tree’ will be published by Aleph in February 2017.
- Founder and editor Tanuj Solanki is published in The Caravan, One throne magazine among others. His novel ‘Neon Noon’ is published by Harper Collins India 2016.
- Recently, Aravind Jayan, a contributor, won the TOTO award for creative writing in English 2017 for his story ‘Love in a small town’ published in TBLM.
- Contributors include writer Hanif Kureishi among others.
‘A brilliant journal. Truly international.’
- Michelle edits fiction for this magazine along with Simran Chadha and Atreyee Gohain.
- Chief editor Mary Anne Mohanraj has books published by Penguin, Harper Collins, Random House among others.
- Former fiction editor Akil Kumarasamy is published in Guernica, Boston Review, Glimmer Train among others.
- Michelle was longlisted for this contest in 2015 and 2016.
- Writer Deepak Unnikrishnan was one of the winners of the contest in 2014. He is published in Guernica. He recently won the RESTLESS BOOKS NEW IMMIGRANT WRITING PRIZE.
Open Road Review Short Story Contest
- Michelle was a finalist for this contest in 2015.
- This contest is run by Open Road Review (mentioned above)- the literary magazine, every year.